Firefighter injured in a freak accident is welcomed home with touching news

17-year Waco firefighter veteran Garth Goodwin was left paralyzed from the chest down when he was shocked by a power line which caused him to fall from a billboard while working off-duty. For the last six weeks Garth has been recovering in the hospital and what he came home to was greater than he could imagine. His fellow firefighters ready to build his family a wheelchair-accessible house!

Garth told KWTX “There’s still a lot of good in this world, and especially in this community, and we’re just getting it, we’re getting the tip of it, and it’s awesome, I mean you can’t explain that. God’s got his hands all over us.”

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.